You are here
Home > MXGP > Maggiora organisers on the cancellation of the 2020 MXGP of Italy

Maggiora organisers on the cancellation of the 2020 MXGP of Italy

2020 will not see Maggiora on the MXGP calendar due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The organisers A Sport Group have released a statement from their president Stefano Avandero. It will be a shame to miss this fantastic track off the calendar but safety is the upmost importance.

You can read the full statement from the president below.


Listen to The Live Motocross Podcast here


Following the Covid-19 pandemic, currently still ongoing and the upheavals that this has brought to the daily life of each of us and in the world of sport, in agreement with Infront Moto Racing and with the FIM, A Sport Group and its president Stefano Avandero, announces with great regret the cancellation of the 2020 Italian Grand Prix, scheduled for July the 19th. Not being able to guarantee the correct execution of the prestigious Italian round of the FIM Motocross World Championship, we preferred to postpone Maggiora’s return to the world championship to 2021.

Stefano Avandero President of A Sport Group: “The situation in Italy and all over the world is very difficult, we are experiencing an unprecedented historical period. In recent months our lives have been turned upside down, our habits have changed and above all the global economy has suffered a severe blow and although it has started again, the road is still very long. During the quarantine I tried to keep up to date on what was happening in Italy and in other countries, to monitor the decisions of the governments and in particular to understand how they were setting the recovery and I can say that in relation to sport and the public events at the moment there is no still a lot of confusion. In these months full of uncertainty I have faced many times with Giuseppe Luongo, with whom I have always had a good relationship and together we have evaluated that organizing an event in 2020 is certainly very risky and we took the decision to cancel it. Moreover, if the rules had forced us to a closed doors Grand Prix, it would have been unsustainable. The situation for now is of total uncertainty and I hope that we can return to the races soon and resume competitions in other sports as well. I am also very sorry on a personal level but at the moment it is unthinkable to take a different decision.”

For those who have already purchased the tickets, we will reimburse the total amount spent. You will shortly receive an email for the automatic refund.

For more information contact us at ticketing@maggiorapark.com

Photo Credit – https://maggiorapark.com

Leave a Reply

Top