The new Raven MX 2021 collection is here! Simple designs with a good quality and smart features, all that a rider needs! All products can be combined with each other perfectly.
Here at Live Motocross we were sent the Raven Rival MX Kit to try out to see what we thought of it.
Have a look at our thoughts on the kit below:
The Raven Clothing Information
Basically, these new clothing kits are on purpose a bit muted and clean in the graphics, the spin on that is that they are very easy to combine with different colourways. The design is simple, and we focused on the features that a rider really needs like multi stretch panels, reinforcement/heat guard on knees, mesh lining, pre-curved leg construction etc. Best value for money.
Same thing with the gloves. They are no-frills, nice and simple construction with stretch material and synthetic leather palm. All the basics such as grippy fingertips, velcro closure, reinforced thumb etc. It’s pretty good value for what you are paying actually, nice entry level glove.
• Extra-long backpiece
• Silicone printing at the bottom of the jersey
• Moisture-repellent polyester material
• Comfortable and practical V-shaped collar
• Multi-panel construction with raglan sleeve
• Sublimated graphics that do not fade when washed
• Pre-curved knee construction
• Adjustable waist button
• Strategically placed stretch panels
• Mesh lining that wicks away moisture
• Soft TPR protection on the knees and over the seat
• Made of durable 600D polyester
• Heavy-duty 1200D polyoxford panels on the inside of the knees
Trooper and Commander Boots
These are actually pretty good boots, one of the best as their price point. Good durable high-grip sole, nice convenient and precise closure system, effective seal around the top of the boot to keep gravel and dirt out, low profile toe for control and sensitivity in the shift area. And they are CE, of course. We offer spares for the buckles straps and toe plates meaning you will be able to replace the most common wear parts.
Features we list:
• Iron toe plate
• Moulded sole
• Adjustable buckles
• Silicon-lined boot shaft
• Double-layered ankle protection
• Gear shift lever protector
• Spare parts can be purchased separately
Raven Magnetic Goggles
The main feature of the new Raven goggles is the magnetic lens system. Rather than the traditional method of cutting notches into the edge of a lens, the lens is attached to the frame by a series of magnets. So the USP is usability really, swapping the lens one-handed, with the glove on, in a matter of seconds, no wasting time fiddling around and getting fingerprints on a lens while you try to get it lined up with the frame. Frameless design, wide field of vision, anti-fog and anti-scratch coatings. You can use tear-offs as well.
Features we list:
• Frameless design for optimal visibility
• Three layers of foam for a perfect fit on the face
• Anti-fog & anti-scratch treatment on both sides of lens
• Soft tear-off spikes
• Extra-wide adjustable strap with silicone printing for optimal grip
• Flexible storage bag designed for cleaning the lens is also included
Ipsum is higher level (carbon) helmet. Low weight of 900 grams (size M). You Will never have a full carbon helmet with this price point.
The graphics on these actually can be combined perfectly well with the Raven clothes. Dual-density EPS, double D-ring buckle, removable washable comfort liner and high-flow vent for all-year usability
The Aspire is exactly the same helmet only with a fiberglass/composite shell. Still low weight approx 1000 grams.
Features we list:
• Material (carbon or fiberglass/composite)
• Washable interior
• D-ring buckle
• Carbon fibre outer shell
• Prepared for breath box
• Low weight = Save your energy
• Complies with ECE 22.05